A Note From Hagberg’s.
We are in some unique times. During this challenging situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19), nothing is more important to us at Hagberg’s than the health and safety of our staff and customers. We wanted to address the current climate created by the Covid-19 pandemic and any concerns that our customers may have regarding the health and safety protocols at our store.
Our primary concern is to make sure that our friends and families that have become used to our consistency of quality, safety, and service find a comforting and familiar place to shop.
Our commitment to providing a safe, comfortable place for you and your family will require more of our staff time to making sure we have done everything we can do to sanitize the facilities. On top of this, there are the realities of the fresh meat supply chain. For example, our producers (family farmers) have schedules based on a commitment to quality.
As this is all new to all of us and we need to find a way through this, this is our plan:
Hours: Until further notice, our operating hours are 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Tuesday-Sunday (closed Mondays), to give us opportunities to build supply and add extra attention to sanitizing contact surfaces. We hope that this will allow us to more safely and efficiently provide you with the best food possible.
We have been following all guidelines from the CDC, OSHA, and state and federal governments.
Links to these guidelines are below:
We review the guidelines daily and will continue to do so for the duration of this pandemic.
Please remember to take the following precautions while visiting our store:
- All customers are required to wear masks.
- Wear gloves. If you do not have gloves, stop (at a safe distance) and ask one of our cashiers for assistance.
- Follow social distancing guidelines. Make sure that you are aware of your surroundings and maintain a six-foot or greater distance between yourself and other guests.
- Refrain from touching your face even if you are wearing a mask. If you are wearing a mask and touch your face, you have defeated the purpose of the mask.
- If possible, send only one representative from your family to shop and avoid bringing in vulnerable populations. (Click here for details).
- Please practice proper respiratory etiquette, including covering all coughs and sneezes with your shoulder or elbow.
What are we doing to keep you safe?
- All employees are required to wear masks.
- We have limited our hours so we may sanitize all surfaces. We are also sanitizing heavily during the day, including shopping carts, shopping baskets, counters, etc.
- Per usual food service protocols, we are wearing clean gloves, not touching our face, practicing respiratory etiquette, and proper hand-washing techniques.
- We also offer curbside pick up for anyone that does not feel safe. Due to high demand, kindly give us a 48-hour notice to put your order together.
- To make sure that we can safely provide your family meals, our staff is limiting their travel to work and home.
What are we not doing, and why?
- We have a small enough staff that if you choose to have an order brought out to your car, you must pay via a credit or debit card by phone. We will not be running change back and forth to your vehicle.
This is an unprecedented situation, and we are trying our very best to do our part to flatten the curve while maintaining a comfortable place for you to shop. Despite our shorter open hours, we are working many extra hours behind the scenes, so thank you for your patience and your help in making sure we can provide you with quality products and service.
Billy and Melissa and all of us here at Hagberg’s.